How can radiologists demonstrate value to referring physicians, patients, and their own trainees?
I caught the question and chimed in with the following thoughts:
- Provide concise simple explanations with associated key images to help referring physicians with their discussions
- Radiologists evangelizing the importance of ACR Imaging 3.0 (“Patient Engagement”)
- “Artifact” for patients to take with them immediately after their imaging exam (sheet of paper, image, summary, number for follow up questions)
- Dial a Radiologist
- Partner with a Radiologist
- Lead, participate, co-moderate an internal meeting consisting of multidisciplinary team members
- @FalgunChokshiMD stated, “Increasing patient portals need adaptive changes…”
In my opinion I believe there are plenty of opportunities for Radiologists to demonstrate their value.
I believe we are asking the wrong question. We should not be focusing on the “can.”
We should be asking:
Will Radiologists Demonstrate Their Value?
It is time Radiologists step out of the dark and into the light.
A picture may be worth a thousand words, but a handshake and a hello makes a connection that can leaves a lasting impression.
Own your story.
As always, you can feel free to contact me at: CANCERGEEK@GMAIL.COM or follow me on twitter @cancergeek